EVA Air 68
27 JUN 2015
21:35 — 15:05+1 (11h30m)
I have got enough miles in my A3 account and decided to redeem a one-way business class ticket from London to Hong Kong for my summer holidays home. Originally I was booked on Asiana through Seoul but I cancelled that ticket when the Middle-Eastern Flu broke out in Korea and booked myself on the EVA Air service to Bangkok with a connection on Thai to Hong Kong. This part covers the EVA sector.
Priority boarding was given to Business Class passengers and Star Gold members. I boarded through L1 and immediately found my seat 1K.
Starter: Octopus Salad and Avocado Mousse
- Pan Fried Beef Fillet Served with Foie Gras Butter, served with mixed vegetables and roasted new potato
- Pan Fried Sea Bream with Sweet Chilli and Coriander Sauce, served with mixed vegetables and crab cake
- Roasted Stuffed Chicken with Prawn in Teriyaki Sauce, served with mixed vegetables and egg fried rice
- Ice Cream or Cheese Cake
Coffee / Tea
FAs come and lay the table, no post-take-off drinks
- Pork Belly Burger
- Roasted Duck Breast Noodle Soup
- Instant Noodle
- Hot Chocolate and Cookies
Got 2 more hours of sleep. The cabin lights were turned on 2 hours before landing for refreshments.
Wake up drink:
- 100% Nature Carrot Juice
- Orange Juice / Apple Juice / Tomato Juice
- Coffee / Tea
- Chinese Plain Porridge
- Traditional Delicatessens
- Stuffed Bean Curd with Prawn
- Pan Fried Egg Cake
- Cereal / Yoghurt
- Ham and Spinach Frittata with Hollandaise Sauce OR Banana Brioche with Berry Compote
The flight was okay. I did not particularly enjoy the food nor the IFE. The wine list was extensive but uninspiring, especially when I figured out the champagne could not be served chilled until well into the flight – what a disappointment! The bed was comfortable on its own right but the cabin temperature and the duvet make it very difficult to negotiate a better sleeping experience.
Would it have been a better experience than flying Asiana? I doubt it now. Everything looks luxurious on this flight, but in all honesty, EVA has a lot to work on.
Cabin attendants were very friendly and attentive. However, I was disappointed by the fact that I was only addressed by name when the purser welcomed me, and the rest was more like a robotic service.
I would recommend EVA Air if it is the cheapest option available. But if it is not, perhaps you would be better off with someone else.